Temporary Assistance

Temporary Assistance (TA) is temporary help for needy men, women and children. If you are unable to work, can’t find a job, or your job does not pay enough, TA may be able to help you pay for your expenses. (taken from NYS OTDA site)

To find out if you are eligible to receive Temporary Assistance, including help with an emergency, you need to file an application with your county Department of Social Services (DSS) Programs and Services:

You can apply online at myBenefits.ny.gov or fill out the application form and file it at your local department of Social Services.
DSS page 
For a complete list of programs and services

Supportive Services
The district may provide the following services to assist individuals to improve their opportunities for employment or to maintain employment:
  • Expenses related to child care
  • Clothing allowance
  • Tools needed for employment
  • Fees and licenses necessary for employment
  • Transportation
  • Vehicle repairs and car insurance

Mary Furness, Employment and Training Counselor | Mary.Furness@orleanscountyny.gov, 585-589-2744
Allison Gursslin, Employment and Training Counselor | Allison.Gursslin@orleanscountyny.gov, 585-589-2820
Jessica Sutch, Employment and Training Counselor | Jessica.Sutch@orleanscountyny.gov, 585-589-2741
Pamela Denson, Employment and Training Coordinator | Pamela.Denson@orleanscountyny.gov, 585-589-2743


Links to Resources
CARES Child Care Scholarship 

Glow Works Care Scholarship